High Lodge Forest centre is open to exercise and spend time outdoors locally.
Play, run, climb or cycle your way round High Lodge in Thetford Forest and experience nature at its finest.
Forest Management Director for East England, Alex Brearley says; “Our teams have worked so hard to ensure that people can come to High Lodge and enjoy fresh air and exercise safely during these challenging times. Spending time outdoors is so important for our health and wellbeing. We look forward to welcoming you to High Lodge.”
Every corner of High Lodge has something just waiting to be discovered, the more you walk around the forest, the more you will find. With play areas dotted around the forest, beautiful trails winding through rich wilderness and thrilling mountain biking opportunities.
Keep yourself, our staff and other visitors safe by following the national restrictions particularly when meeting others safely and travelling.
This is a challenging time for everyone, and we will do all we can to keep ourforestsand facilitiesavailablefor local outdoor recreation and exercise while keeping our staff and volunteers safe and supporting our partners and onsite businesses.
Please follow these important points before you visit:
- Reduce the number of journeys you make. Spending time outdoors should be done locally.
- Only come with the people you live with, your support bubble, or meet one person from another household.
- Please be aware that we may have to close car parks if they are too busy but please be prepared to return home and come another time.
- Some facilities will be closed.
The car park, toilets, play areas and bike hire at High Lodge Forest
Centre are fully open and the café is open for takeaway service. Unfortunately Go Ape is
closed during the lockdown.
Forestry England news release
- There may be fewer pay machines and a queue to pay. Why not make things easier and help support your local forest by becoming a member? You can buy membership in advance online.
- Trails may be different. Follow any new, temporary signs they are there to help keep you safe.
- Dress for the outdoors and wear suitable footwear and a helmet when cycling.Please check our website for the most up to date news at High Lodge www.forestryengland.uk/high-lodge. If you plan to visit any other site, please check our website www.forestryengland.uk before you visit.
We understand you may miss our forests if you are not able to visit. We will continue to work behind the scenes to bring you stories from the nation’s forests as we care for the land and trees. Find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for all the latest, and visit www.forestryengland.uk for ideas and information to help you stay connected to nature at home.