Covid 19 Events Update
There’s still lots happening in the virtual sphere of online entertainment to keep us entertained and occupied until live events properly return. eventswhatson.com covers everything you need to stay entertained at home from virtual music festivals, theatre show broadcasts to city tours and animal webcams…sit back, relax and explore the region from your living room.
eventswhatson.com is still publishing a whole host of virtual gigs and events taking place, so please do checkout our what’s on pages!
In line with the Government’s updated guidance regarding outdoor performances we are now publishing a small number of live events, and those that have been rescheduled.
However, although listings are still being published we would like to remind our readers to check details in advance with individual event organisers, as they will have limited capacity, pre-booking will be required, and all will be enforcing social distancing.
Virtual tours of towns and cities in the South of England
- A webcam facing East at Brighton means people can still visit the beach. It features several key landmarks such as the Brighton Palace Pier; British Airways i360; the West Pier and the Brighton Bandstand.
- Visit Maidstone’s YouTube channel, and discover food and heritage including Leeds Castle.
- Robotic gallery tours, virtual museums, online festivals, garden ramblings and live streams from the zoo are just a few of the things to expect in the new virtually open 1066 Country.
Virtual museum and gallery displays in the South of England
- Army Flying Museum has a new online exhibition about Operation Varsity – marking its 75th anniversary.
- Jane Austen’s House in Chawton, Hampshire announces a number of newly acquired objects via its new website.
- Culture on Call is Hampshire Cultural Trust’s new blog, bringing you the very best of arts and culture in Hampshire.
- Novels-On-Line is an ongoing project making freely accessible full-text transcripts of some of the rarest works in the Chawton House library collection. Explore the library and read the transcript novels from the comfort of your armchair.
- artrepublic gallery is offering free virtual tours. Art lovers can book their virtual tour by calling 01273 724829 or email email@example.com and a member of the team will book in a video call to walk and talk you through the gallery.
- Brighton’s Royal Pavilion & Museums Digital Media Bank makes its digitised collections and other assets available to download and share. These include art works, photographs and newspapers related to Brighton & Hove, and images and other media depicting its collections.
- The Royal Green Jackets (Rifles) Museum (Winchester Military Museums) has put together a facinating video showing you around the museum.
- Explore Waddesdon Manor from wherever you are with our 360 degree virtual tours and experience rooms in greater detail. You can now zoom in on beautiful artworks, intricate furniture and paintings.
- Take a sneak peak of Windsor Castle, a royal home and fortress for over 900 years, in a virtual tour!
- Join the team at Watts Gallery – Artists’ Village as they share personal highlights from across their collections in this free audio tour on the app Smartify.
Virtual farms and zoos in the South of England
- Finkley Down Farm is posting videos on Facebook and has created a WordSearch for children to keep them occupied and in touch with the farm’s activities.
- Take a sneaky look through the animal webcams at Marwell Zoo, near Winchester, and see what’s happening right now.
- If you’ve always wanted to go to Fishers Farm Park’s in West Sussex, take a look around with its virtual tour.
Online theatre shows and other attractions
- Join Chichester Festival Theatre for their showing of Flowers for Mrs Harris
- Mountbatten is now urging supporters to Walk the Wight Your Way with a virtual walk from now until the end of May 2020.
- Fishing Breaks – watch a relaxing video of fly fishing on the River Test to entice you to try fly fishing in this lovely area in the future.
- Travel to the tropics, the desert and the mountains without leaving the house with seasonal footage and a sneak peek at the glasshouses across Kew and Wakehurst.
- Take a virtual tour of the Royal Pavilion providing 360 degree views of the Banqueting Room, Great Kitchen and Music Room. Each tour comes with a sample of the popular audio guide, available in a variety of languages.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the information displayed here is accurate, always check with the venue before attending (especially during the Covid-19 pandemic).