Rye Farm is a 17th century moated farmhouse that lies on the edge of the village of Layer de la Haye in north east Essex. It is situated in attractive, unspoiled rural surroundings, about 4 miles south of Colchester.
Rye Farm enjoys a quiet location, adjacent to Abberton Reservoir, a Wetland of International Importance and one of the most important wildfowl havens in Europe.
We now have four high-class self-catering holiday apartments. Each is furnished and comprehensively equipped to a high standard.
The facilities available to guests in each of our apartments include:
• Central Heating – at no extra charge.
• Colour Television, DVD Player and stereo system.
• Wi-Fi Broadband Access.
• Ample car parking close to the apartments.
• Freedom to use and enjoy Rye Farm’s garden. Guests are also free to walk in the nearby fields.
• Laundry facilities: Washing machine and tumble dryer.
The apartments can be booked to start on any day of the week. Depending on availability short breaks may be booked, subject to a 3 night minimum stay. At the foot of this page you will find information on pricing and how to check availability.
Children (minimum age 2 years) are welcome. However parents and carers should be aware of the need for close supervision of young children whilst outdoors because of unfenced water (the moat).
• Smoking is not permitted in any of the apartments.
• As we are a working farm we are unable to accept dogs or other pets.
Cart Lodge, Pond View and The Granary
These three apartments are in a building erected during the 17th century, probably around the same time as the farmhouse. Originally built as a cart lodge, to house the farm’s horse-drawn carts, the first floor served for some time as a granary. In 2009 we completed the conversion of the former cart lodge into the three holiday apartments. In a sensitive conversion some of the old posts and beams have been retained and incorporated as attractive interior features.
Layer de la Haye
Telephone: 01206 – 734350