Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client, a high-end manufacturer of specialist high-speed machinery, currently has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to help with new clean sheet designs as well as alterations to existing designs.
This is designing high tolerance special purpose machinery, which includes many moving parts. This will suit an engineer who wants to work within an interesting environment where each design is different.
- Design special purpose machinery with Stainless Steel as the predominant material, working to incredibly tight tolerances.
- Create ‘value engineered’ design solutions.
- Undertake mechanical design calculations where required.
- Production of full assembly models, detail drawings and produce Bill of Materials.
- Perform customer site visits when required.
Skills, qualifications and experience required:
- Experience of working with 3D software is essential, preferably Solidworks.
- Previous experience of design within a similar industry is required (food processing, rotary equipment, packaging equipment, etc).
- Excellent communication skills are required, with the ability to have technical conversations with both clients and suppliers.
- An engineering qualification or apprenticeship or relevant industry experience is required.
- 25 days’ holiday
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme worth up to 5%
- Sick pay
Based in the small town of Sandy, only a few miles away from the beautiful city of Cambridge. Excellent road links via the A1, A428 and A421, easily commutable from North London, Essex and the Midlands.
A company with over 30 years’ experience within their specialist field. They supply to clients throughout the world, to various industries such as pharmaceutical and food. They have recently invested in their offices making for a more pleasurable work experience.
How to apply:
For more information on this excellent opportunity, please contact Lauren Walker at Recruit Mint or apply through the relevant channels.