Vineyard Experience (Tour & Tasting)
Date(s) - 24/04/2021
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Hanwell Wine Estate
Melton Road, Hickling Pastures,
Set amongst the rolling countryside of South Nottinghamshire, the grapevines at Hanwell Wine Estate are being hand tended to grow the champagne variety grapes to make English Sparkling Wine.
Hanwell Wine Estate’s Vineyard Experience comprises of:
- Complimentary Welcome Drink: Glass of wine, tea or coffee upon arrival. We’ll gather on the Lodge Terrace with vineyard views.
- Our Story: Tales of Nottinghamshire vineyard life beginning in the 1970s. 20 minutes
- Vineyard: We’ll guide you along the gently sloping meadow path 100 metres into the vineyard. Here we’ll pause for orientation, tell you how we care for the vines by hand. 25 minutes
- The vineyard is grassy, the ground is uneven and can be wet, the slope is gentle.
- There are some seats in the vineyard.
- Our site is open to the wind and baking sunshine! Dress appropriately: sturdy shoes, wind/waterproof, hat and sunscreen.
- Explore further Wander as you choose, 20 minutes
- Love nature and the great outdoors? Visit the Wildlife Garden or down to the Lake Reserve.
- Scientist or engineer? Visit the frost fan.
- Simply take some selfies and to post on social media please tag us @hanwellwine
- Tutored wine tasting to include 6 local wines. You are invited to taste wines from the award winning Eglantine Vineyard our parent vineyard and Hanwell’s wines as available. 45 mins
- To ensure a wide range of tastes we enhance your experience with wines from other local vineyards.
- Over-18s only. We operate a ‘Challenge 25’ policy so if you are lucky enough to look under 25 years old, please bring ID if you would like to buy or taste wines.
The complete experience lasts 2 hours
Health & Safety
The safety of our visitors and staff is our priority. We are a Visit Britain “Good to go” tourism venue. We have complete a rigorous risk assessment and have the following provisions:
- Group size is limited to allow everyone to maintain social distancing.
- Welcome drinks will be served to a table, for you to collect and maintain social distancing.
- Wine samples will be pre-poured so we do not need to approach you.
- All drinks will be prepared using the strictest cleanliness.
- Your registration details are captured for NHS Track and Trace.
- All facilities are cleaned thoroughly and hand washing is encouraged.
- Hand sanitiser is readily available.
- Our address is Hanwell Wine Estate, Hickling Pastures, Notts, LE14 3QG
- Find us, just 1 minute’s drive from the A46, on the A606 towards Melton Mowbray.
- We suggest booking a taxi, taking the bus or organising a lift especially if you want to enjoy our wines.
Event Contact Information
Website Address: https://www.hanwellwine.co.uk/product/vineyard-experience-1pm-saturday-24th-april-2021/
Contact Telephone Number: 0194981393