Steam Illuminations on the Watercress Line
Date(s) - 24/11/2023 - 06/01/2024
3:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Mid Hants Railway 'Watercress Line'
Mid Hants Railway - The Watercress Line, Station Road,
STEAM ILLUMINATIONS IS BACK FOR 2023!
Steam Illuminations is an incredible light show on and in a steam train, consisting of thousands of coloured LED lights and LED wristbands, creating a kaleidoscope of different colours and flashing patterns. This makes the steam train look magical both inside and out!
Join the festive action on board with our Christmas Chart Crackers DJ mix up until Christmas Day then after Christmas continue the on board family fun and celebrate the new year with our Pop Anthems Journey.
On selected dates choose from a journey filled with big Christmas hits that get you jigging about to the festival spirit (‘Christmas Chart Crackers’); or join us for a musical journey from the 1960s to present day of dance floor singalong anthems (‘Pop Anthems Journey’). Sing, dance and cheer on this magical musical journey.
Both journeys are filled with interactive sound to light fun for friends, family groups, couples and corporate gatherings all while hosted by the legendary ‘Voiceover Man’ (as heard on Britain’s Got Talent and X-Factor); laugh with him (or at him) and compete against each other with our singalong “FlashyOke” game”.
Trains depart from either Alresford or Alton and complete a round trip, back to the starting station.
This is a wonderful experience for the whole family and is sure to be an event to remember.
The journey lasts approximately 1 hour 45 minutes, so please allow 2 hours for your trip.
YOUR LED WRISTBAND ADDS TO THE MAGIC ONBOARD THE TRAIN AND IS YOURS TO KEEP AFTER THE EVENT.
JOIN THE FUN ONBOARD…
Featuring ‘Voiceover Man’, the king of film and TV voice over talent
- A full immersive lightshow to music
- NEW for 2023 – ‘Festive canopy of lights’
- Interactive LED wrist bands (as worn by the King on the Coronation concert!)
- Incredible neon coloured flashing views of the scenery outside the train
- On board interactive narrative, clap, stamp and cheer!
- Full train Christmas karaoke experience!
- Laugh or groan to Voiceover Man’s Christmas cracker jokes
PLEASE NOTE: Father Christmas will NOT be appearing during Steam Illuminations.
CAUTION: This event consists of many flashing lights so may be unsuitable for people suffering from epilepsy.
- CHILDREN UNDER 2 YEARS*: OFF PEAK / PEAK – FREE
- SEATING FOR 2**: OFF PEAK £59 / PEAK £79
- COMPARTMENT FOR UP TO 6 PEOPLE: OFF PEAK £250 / PEAK £270
* Children under 2 years of age are free as they will not be allocated a seat (they are able to sit on laps).
** ‘Seating for 2’ may be put on a table with another ‘seating for 2’.
PLEASE SEE OUR WEBSITE FOR FURTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING TICKETS.
- Alresford: Pay & display car park, operated by Winchester City Council. Disabled parking available.
- Alton: Pay & display car park, operated by South Western Railway. Please be advised spaces may be limited. Additional charged parking located behind Waitrose.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW STEAM ILLUMINATIONS IN ACTION (YOUTUBE VIDEO).
Event Contact Information
Website Address: https://watercressline.co.uk/steam-illuminations
Contact Telephone Number: 01962 733810