Autumn Steam Gala at Watercress Line
Date(s) - 06/10/2023 - 08/10/2023
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Mid Hants Railway 'Watercress Line'
Mid Hants Railway - The Watercress Line, Station Road,
The Autumn Steam Gala event is a chance to enjoy unlimited rides behind a range of visiting locomotives as well as our home-fleet locomotives, running on an enhanced timetable.
Explore all of our heritage stations along the 10-mile line, get up close to some of our locomotives, find out more about our restoration projects, listen to talks and enjoy viewing various exhibits.
- 72 ‘Fenchurch’ – courtesy of the Bluebell Railway. Intended to give rapid acceleration on suburban trains of light-weight carriages on the South London line, where the stations were only about a mile apart.
- LNWR coal tank no. 1054, owned by the National Trust and courtesy of the Bahama’s Locomotive Trust. Originally designed to haul freight (predominantly coal traffic).
- GWR Class 5205, 5239 ‘Goliath’, courtesy of the Dartmouth Steam Railway, Devon. Primary use was to haul coal from the mines in South Wales to the ports for export.
- Another visitor to be announced!
- 41312 LMS Ivatt – spent much of its working career on Southern region lines.
- 53808 7F – courtesy of S&D Railway Trust. Spent much of its working life as a local goods train.
WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON?:
- Enjoy behind the scene tours throughout Ropley workshop & yard and get up close and explore our locomotives under restoration
- Driver experiences with ‘Kilmersdon’ 1788
- Queen Mary Brake Van rides available with the Goods Train
- Browse upstairs in the Old Goods Shed at Alresford station, currently exhibiting artefacts from the Somerset & Dorset Railway Trust
- Experience unlimited rides on the delightful miniature railway
- Society stands and displays at Ropley station
- View our Goods Shed exhibition ‘Delivering the Goods’ at Medstead & Four Marks Station
- West Country Buffet at Alresford station, T-Junction at Ropley & the Kiosk at Alton will be open for you to enjoy a selection of hot and cold meals, snacks and drinks
- Check out the gift shop downstairs in the Old Goods Shed at Alresford station selling fabulous gifts, stationary, toys, books and more
Visit our website for visiting loco updates and to view the timetable when it is available closer to the event: www.watercressline.co.uk/autumn-steam-gala.
- ADULTS AGE 17+: Online Booking: £35 / On the Day: £39
- CHILDREN AGE 5-16: Online Booking: £18.50 / On the Day: £22
- CHILDREN UNDER 4 YEARS: Online Booking / On the Day: FREE
- FAMILY (1 ADULT & 3 CHILDREN): Online Booking: £54.50 / On the Day: £62
- FAMILY (2 ADULTS & 3 CHILDREN): Online Booking: £89.50 / On the Day: £101
3 DAY MULTI-PASS
- ADULT: Online Booking: £70
- CHILD: Online Booking: £37
- Ropley: The field will provide FREE car parking. Sat nav: Station Hill, Ropley, SO24 0BL. Disabled drop-off at Ropley station available and parking in the field.
- Alresford: Pay & display car park, operated by Winchester City Council.
- Alton: Pay & display car park, operated by South Western Railway.
Event Contact Information
Website Address: https://watercressline.co.uk/autumn-steam-gala
Contact Telephone Number: 01962 733810